Monday, December 13, 2010

Gingersnaps mmmmmm mmmm

Ok so I just made some pretty darn good gingersnaps.  I have never made them before!  I thought to myself it's high time you made gingersnaps.  I found a recipe online then tweaked it a bit coz that's how I roll.  I thought you might all enjoy this recipe too.  My house now smells like Christmas which is a wonderful plus!

Gingersnaps           Preheat 350                 Bake 8-12 mins
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Butter flavored Crisco
1 1/4 cups White Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 cup Molasses
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Tbs Ginger
1  tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 1/4 cups Flour
1/2 cup Sugar for decorating

Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.  Then add egg, molasses, and vanilla stir until mixed well.  Then add ginger, cinnamon, salt, baking soda mix well.  Add flour 1 cup at a time.  Roll dough into 1 inch balls.  then roll balls in remaining sugar. Set on baking sheet and cook! If you want a crispy cookie bake for 12 min. If you want a softer chewy cookie bake for 8-10 mins.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments: