Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Update: The Carbnite Solution

I see most of my traffic on this blog comes from my carbnite solution posts.  It's been almost a year since I last posted about it... It's about time for an update!

  Have I been able to maintain the weight I lost with CNS? 
No and then Yes. I'm going to be completely honest.  Last December 2013 through February 2014 ended up being a really rough time financially for me and my little family.  During this time I stopped doing CNS and working out altogether.  At the time I couldn't even think diet and exercise.  It was rough, I tell you!  But then I couldn't stand the way I felt... I felt awful.  I decided to change. I decided regardless of what was going on in my life, I would take care of my health.   So, I got back on CNS and started working out again.   Getting back on CNS was so easy. It came naturally, I felt great immediately, and the food was so good!  I really didn't have any problems starting again whatsoever.  Which was such a great feeling.   I dropped the first 6 lbs in the first ten days.   It took a few months to get the rest off, which I expected.  I've been able to maintain my weight since then.. Which has been about 5 months give or take. 

Am I still following The Carbnite Solution? 
Yes, and no.  At this point I'm not looking to loose more weight.  I like the size I am.  I'm more into building muscle.  In order to do this proficiently, I need to add in more carbs, more often.  So, I do one of two things. Either I eat ultra carb during the day and eat a small amount of carbs at night.  And I can do this if I'm doing heavy training the next day.  I do this about 3 or 4 times a week.  Then eat ultra low carb the other days.  (aka carb backloading) Or do  modified version of CNS and have two small carbnites a week. Going 3 or 4 days between each carbnite. I go by how my body feels and how hard I'm training.  Doing this I've been able maintain my weight and build up some much needed muscle. 

I love this way of eating.  This lifestyle really. It gives me the freedom I want, with helping achieve my goals.  My training and my diet are completely lined up, and it feels great!  I love sharing about what I've learned through this whole process.  If you read this and have any questions feel free to ask!  Talking nutrition and training has come quite a passion of mine.   I really can talk for hours about this stuff Haha. 

No comments: