Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yummy White Rolls

This recipe makes some delicious rolls!  My mom got the recipe from some lady at a wedding reception about 12 years ago.  I am requested to make these rolls every Sunday by my in-laws or where ever I'm eating dinner for that matter!   Bret's cousin would have me make them several times a week if I would. lol  I thought I should share this recipe with you all. :)  Please enjoy!  Oh and making honey butter to go with these...let me tell you....you will be in heaven for a few minutes!



Yummy White Rolls                       Pre Heat 350 
Ingredients:
½ cup
Sugar
1 ½ cup
Very warm milk (I put it in my microwave for about 2 minutes)
½ cup
Can milk
4 ½ tsp
Yeast
2
Eggs
¼ cup
Canola oil or vegetable oil or butter
2 tsp
Salt
4-6 cups
flour

Directions:
In a mixing bowl whisk sugar, milk, can milk, yeast, eggs, oil, salt and 2 cups of flour together until smooth.  Then using a dough hook mix 1 cup of flour in at a time until dough pulls from the sides, the dough will be a little wet and sticky.  Let the dough rest for about 10 mins. Then pull off about a size of a golf ball (maybe a little bit bigger) piece of the dough. And roll in the palm of your hand.  I always put Crisco on my hand so the dough doesn’t stick to my hands. Then place the roll on a greased baking sheet. Let rise until doubled in size which takes between 45 minutes to an hour.  The rolls cook between 15-25 min depending on your oven. You want them just barely gold on top...like just barely golden....so more like lightly golden. :)

This batch makes 20 big rolls or sometimes I make them a little bit smaller so it will make more like 30-35.

This recipe takes about 2 hours to make from start to finish.






1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh I love these. This is what carb heaven would look like.