Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Criminal???

This morning I got a knock on the door RIGHT after hubby left for work.
I mean like mayyyybe a total of 2 minutes had passed.  
When I get a knock on the door in the morning I usually go into panic mode
because I usually don't have either a shirt on or pants on OR maybe even both.  
This morning I didn't have a shirt on.
So I run into my room and grab my bra because it just happens I wasn't wearing my bra this morning either.....probably too much info....but now you know. 
Then I grab the nearest shirt and put them on.
I go answer the door and there is 2 Sheriffs at my door asking for who??
For hubby!  
I promptly tell them hubby isn't here.
And the one Sheriff who is talking to me clearly saw the concern plastered on my face.
He tells me not to worry, 
that hubby isn't in any kind of trouble.
BUT I'm thinking...no trouble??
Then why would Sheriffs be here at my door??
He just says hubby's name came up in an investigation they are doing and they need to talk to him.
Long story short...
Bret came home from work for lunch and called the Sheriff back.
The Sheriff came back over to talk to hubby....
and APPARENTLY
a house had been robbed a couple months ago and they found hubby's old, lost driver's licence on the floor at the house!   
Hubby had lost his driver's licence about a year ago.
Hubby and I thought our kids got into his wallet and taken and lost his DL.
That is so something that they would do.
BUT NO apparently they weren't to blame this time.
Don't worry I don't think they got into too much trouble.
Good thing too since it wasn't even them. haha
Someone else had stolen hubby's DL.
WHO??
We don't know.
But we do know...
the Sheriff let hubby off the hook...knowing hubby had obviously been framed.
I don't know though... maybe hubby is the thieving type?
I mean I never thought so...
I've always thought he was the honest type
But I could be wrong.
Maybe he just acts all honest all the time,
but really....
HE steals all the time behind my back???
Maybe he just accidentally left his old, lost DL at this house is had robbed??
NAH he's a good guy lol
I trust him! :D
Funny story though.....right??

3 comments:

Robyn said...

LOL! What a poor framing job! Please tell me it was Connie's husband that came to the door!!

Unknown said...

I know right lol. No it wasn't...but that would have been great! I probably wouldn't have been so freaked out. haha. They should have sent Kevin over...now that would have been GREAT!

Lily said...

That's nuts girl!