Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weezer Weezer Weezer!!!

I actually went to a Weezer concert!

I don't know about you,
BUT Weezer is one of my TOP I mean TOP favorite bands of alllll time.
I don't think I can express to you how exciting the concert was  and is to me!
So here is the story in full detail....bare with me please :)

Hubby informed me one evening he wanted to take me to a concert.
You have to understand.....this isn't normal for Hubby.
I was quite impressed with him for even mentioning it!
He then asked me if it was ok to buy the tickets.
I was of course completely ok with this decision of his.
He also asked me if I wanted it to be a surprise,
I love surprises so I said yes...please!!
He tried all his might to keep it a surprise for me....I'm not the nosy type so I didn't think it would be a problem.
Then one day I was checking Hubby and I's joint email account like I do every few days...
and a friend of ours who thought she was JUST sending Hubby a message to his FB account and of course  this email account was sent a notification message from FB.
  And I clicked open the email and read the question she was posing!!
The concert that was supposed to be a surprise wasn't any longer.
At first I was kind of upset I found out...but then I soon got excited to pick out my outfit and of course start refreshing up on my Weezer songs!
Finally the day came...oh my I was so excited.
Mostly because I was getting a much needed date with my hubby,
and break from my chillins!

From the first song I was completely taken back to my teenage years.
They opened with The Sweater Song  fyi
OH it was so cool!
They played all their best hits....which of course I knew all of them by heart....except for a few.
The people in front of Hubby and I kept looking back at me...Like would she stop singing!  
I couldn't help it I sang all the words I knew and I was in complete HEAVEN!!
THEN the coolest thing happned EVER...I mean EVER
Rivers Cuomo aka lead singer of Weezer came down into the CROWD!
Not once but TWICE!
Here is a pic to prove it

I know you can't see him very well....but it's him in the crowd!

I can't even tell you how cool I thought this was and is.
Among all the concerts I have been to .... I have never EVER seen the lead singer or any member of the band actually come down into the crowd!!!!!
Ok I have to tell you  and this is the coolest and lamest thing on my part....I give you permission to laugh at me.  lol
The 2nd time Rivers Cuomo came down into the crowd I ran down out of me seat to where he was coming.....followed his movments for a few minutes.....I knew he had to come my way at some point and positioned myself where he would be coming.....
AND he came RIGHT next to me!
 I mean I was RIGHT next to him.... he was just maybe 1 whole inch away from me!!!!
I got nervous and didn't know what to do.
I mean he was singing and had the microphone in his hand.....
So I touched his arm!
I mean what else was I supposed to do???
I didn't have my phone with me to take a pic...I know so lame...right?
OH well.
But Yes I have touched Rivers Cuomo's arm and seen his face right up close and personal.
After I touched him I felt I invaded his bubble, but oh well I still touched him and I can say that for the rest of my life lol.
I then ran back to my seat and sat next to my Hubby who thought I was so cool for doing what I had just done! lol
I love my Hubby for knowing me sooo well,
for buying tickets to see Weezer,
 letting me be ME, 
and thinking I'm cool for running down to touch Rivers Cuomo's arm! lol
I am a lucky lady.
That concert was the BEST concert I have EVER been to.
I still have a high from that concert a full 24 hours later.
Yes I recommend going and I would love to go again.
Here are a couple of pics of Hubby and I at the concert.



THE END haha


1 comment:

Lizzy said...

That's AWESOME!!! (all of it) and you guys are so Freaking Cute!