Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What a Bust of a Day!

Yesterday was of course the 4th of July.
I have to say for us the little Mitchell family is was the sorriest 4th of July EVER!!!
Carson has a bad cough and runny nose
and Audrey had the stomach flu.
Of all days to be sick....the 4th is one of the WORST!
We had lots of plans, 
but had to cancel them all to stay home and have a day of sickness.
BOOO!
Bret and I did bbq which is a 4th of July must.
The kids got to play in our little kiddy pool in the back.
OH OH AND
we saw this in our back yard
I know I know not so spectacular pretty sorry actually,
 BUT at least the kids got to see some kind of fireworks.
There were actually a lot of illegal fireworks going off in our neighbor hood.
It was kind of exciting!
Landon, Audrey and I stood in our back yard being  patient....
Because Landon told me "mom you have to be VERY patient." lol
About every 5 minutes we would see some kind of fireworks up in the sky. 
The kids would ooo and ahhh at them,
 at one point I heard Audrey whisper
"oh a bottle rocket" in amazement. haha
Next year I hope the kids are NOT sick so they can see spectacular fireworks!
Then it was time for bed.
Audrey threw up one more time then was fast to sleep. 
Poor little girl. :(

And then Landon asked me why we celebrate the 4th of July.
I got to explain it to him.... and thought it was pretty cool.
Because he's a boy and boys think war is AWESOME. haha
I am truly grateful to live here in America and have all the freedoms I have.
Thanks to the men and women who have sacrifice their lives in order for me to have this freedom!


2 comments:

Jennie Bennett said...

ha ha, yes boys and their wars. he he :)

Ashley said...

I am sorry your 4th was a bummer. :( You should have a make up 4th on Sat,