Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Carb Nite Soltion Week 11: Results and Tips

I know I haven't blogged for a few weeks, 
life has been crazy busy.
I am still on Carbnite and I haven't cheated one time, 
not one time in 11 weeks!
I think that is pretty impressive given the nature of this diet. haha
It's not easy... especially when I cook something yummy I can't eat!
I have to say it's completely worth the sacrifice and determination.
Because I am down 16.5 lbs!  
That's 1.5 lbs a week.
It's funny one week...like last week I only lost 1/2 lb,
but this week I've lost 2 lbs.
So if you are doing this diet, 
do not get discouraged!
I know it's hard,
but hang in there.
Don't worry if you don't see the numbers go down for a couple weeks,
 just stick to it you will see results!

This is how my days go when I have good weight loss week:
  1. 6:30 -7:00 am wake up
  2. anywhere between 9-10:00 am workout.
  3. 10:30 am eat 3 eggs and some cheddar cheese
  4. 12:30-1:00 pm eat lunch,  chicken and some cheesy cauliflower mash
  5. 3:00 pm drink protein shake with almond milk
  6. 6:00 pm eat dinner  bbq chicken and vegi 
  7. 8:00 pm snack 1 serving size of almonds (The Cocoa Roast almounds by Emerald are amazing!)
Sometimes I'll grab a handful of almonds  and/or some more cheese whether is babybell or string cheese, or pepperoni at some point in the day. 
Drink tons of water!
I drink 90 oz of water a day ...at least.
Once in awhile I'll drink a cherry coke zero.
It gives me that sweetness I sometimes crave,
and it curves my appetite.


Here is a good tip:
 Skipping breakfast or eating 3 or 4 hours after waking up helps your body burn more fat.
The breakfast is the most important meal of the day is not true.
You don't need to eat to get your metabolism going.
It's already working,
Since I've been waiting to eat until 10:00 am,
and/or waiting until after I workout,
I truly have seen a difference in my weigh loss!
Here is an article about it click  HERE.

Are you wondering what my Carbnites look like? 
Here is a sample/ideal carbnite for a woman.
We tend to need a low fat, high carb... carbnite to see the best results.
And we can' just pig out.
Men can pig out and still be fine, 
but unfortunately woman can't...darn it!

1. 4:00 pm eat rice crispy treats. And eat as much as you want!  My husband and I eat almost the entire pan between the 2 of us.  They are low fat, high carb. A Perfect way to start your night off your carbnite.

To keep it interesting every week I do a different kind of crispy treat. So far I've done coco pebbles, fruity pebbles, mint chocolate, and this week I'm doing pumpkin spice!  It's been fun to experiment with the different kinds. And let me tell you they are all delicious!!!! 

2. 6:00 pm dinner  Sushi or some kind of curry Indian or Thai.( Keep it low fat high carb whatever it is your are eating)  Eat until you are full, not stuffed.

3. 8:00 Eat a banana

4. Right before bed ( for me is around 10:30 pm)  ideally I eat a homemade apple turnover ( which is low fat, high carb) and some vanilla ice cream.  But sometimes I just want something fatty and delicious! After all carbnite only comes once a week.  Just make sure you are eating the ultra fatty things right before bed.  This way your body won't store them as fat. By the time your body starts digesting them you'll use the fat as fuel.

Thank you +DH Kiefer for this diet!!  It's been a life saver for me!!




  1.  

No comments: